The Central Message, presented by Teresa Levite.
(as broadcast on WITY radio, 980 AM and 99.5 FM Sunday mornings at 0900 Central Time)
The Central Message is now back to being the Sunday Morning Sermon. Please see below.
The New Audio Page with the "Message" from Pastor Moore, and "Minutes" with Teresa Levite, as broadcast on WITY.
- 2 September 2018, Part five of Joshua we're at the Walls of Jericho.
- 26 August 2018, Part four of Joshua looking at chapters four and five of Joshua.
there was no new 'message' on 5 and 19 August due to outside commitments.
- 29 July 2018, Part three of Joshua covering the passing of Moses and the transition into the Holy Land.
- 22 July 2018, The study of Joshua continues by looking at a passage from Numbers 14 and some other verses as well. And also a special bonus topic.
- 15 July 2018, We take a look at the Old Testament figure, Joshua. Based on Numbers 13 and 14. With a prayerful bonus topic.
- 8 July 2018 The final message in our study of the Apostle Peter, and a bonus topic.
There was no new radio message on 17 June thru 1 July due to Ms Teresa traveling.
- 10 June 2018 Jesus teaches Peter, and the rest of us, watchfulness from Luke 12.
- 3 June 2018, the study of The Apostle Peter continues.
- 27 May 2018 The Transfiguration of Christ is central to Part Seven of the study of the Apostle Peter, using the passage in Luke 9.
- 20 May 2018 The study of the Apostle Peter, part six, with a different sort of bonus topic this week.
- 13 May 2018 The study of the Apostle Peter, part five...
- 6 May 2018 The study of the Apostle Peter continues and a bonus topic about prayer, and a song, and a Psalm.
- 29 April 2018 Part Three of the study of the Apostle Peter and ...
- 22 April 2018 We continue both our study of the Apostle Peter, and our discussion of prayer.
- 15 April 2018 We meet the Apostle Peter based on several scriptures, and, of course, a "formless" bonus topic!
- 8 April 2018 the Book of Ruth, 3 and 4 and we catch up on the prayer topic from the weeks we missed in March.
- Resurrection Sunday 2018 the Book of Ruth, chapters 1 and 2 and the bonus topic of the Roman Road.
The link as mentioned in the message:
- 11 March 2018 Acts 27 and 28 and the 'sweet hour of prayer'.
- 4 March 2018 Acts 25 and 26 and "do what you're told instead of what is safe and easy".
- There was no new message on 25 February due to Ms Teresa being out of town.
PDF version of the February Prayer Challenge to read online or download and print. Even though it isn't February, it is still OK to continue the challenge!
- 18 February 2018 Acts 24 with more on the Prayer Challenge.
- 11 February 2018 Acts 22 and 23 "...horses for Paul...", and an update on the prayer challenge.
- 4 February 2018 Acts 21 Paul goes to Jerusalem, and a prayer challenge.
- 28 January 2018 Acts 19 and 20 A Riot in Ephesus, and Paul raises a man from the dead. And other thoughts, plus a word about 'media' ministers.
- 14 January 2018 A reading of Acts 17 and 18 with a goal driven bonus topic.
- The Message on the First Sunday 0f 2018 covers through Acts 15 and into 16.
The Study of the Book of Acts begins in September 2017 on the 2017 audio file page.
- also- The Central Minute
week of 30 September 2018 From the Gospel of John, Chapter 1
week of 23 September 2018 Phillipians 1: 1 - 2
week of 26 August 2018 Romans 8:31
Special Minute about the Shipwrecked VBS coming up in August!
week of 22 July 2018 Isaiah 41: 10
week of 8 July 2018 Romans 8: 26- 27
week of 3 June 2018 Revelation 21: 2- 4
week of 13 May 2018 Matthew 18: 15.
week of 6 May 2018 A message about the church (and Village) wide rummage sale later in May.
week of 29 April 2018 Psalm 51.
week of 22 April 2018 Proverbs 15.
week of 15 April 2018 Hebrews 9: 15.
week of 8 April 2018 Matthew 5 : 43 - 44
"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."
week of 1 April 2018 Isaiah 6:8 - "... send me."
week of 1 April 2018
2 Corinthians 5: 21
week of 11 March 2018 2 Corinthians 1: 3- 4
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God."
week of 4 March 2018 Psalm 73.
PDF version of the February Prayer Challenge to read or download.
week of 18 February 2018 1 John 4.
week of 11 February 2018 Matthew 5 : 43 and following-
"'You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you...'"
week of 4 February 2018 Deuteronomy 6
week of 14 January 2018 Psalm 118
week of 7 January 2018 Micah 6
SERMONS FROM THE SUNDAY MORNING SERVICE:
Watch for a new Audio Page beginning with the "Message" as broadcast on WITY coming with the Message for 7 October.
- 23 September, 2018 "Am I _____ Grace?"
Matt 18: 21 - 35
- 16 September, 2018 "Am I Extending Grace?"
Luke 15: 25 - 32
- 9 September, 2018 "Am I Experiencing Grace?" The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant, Matthew 18: 21 - 35, beginning with:
"Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, 'Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?'
Jesus answered, 'I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times'...."
- 2 September, 2018 "Am I Good Dirt?" The Parable of the Sower, From Matthew 6, ending with verse 9: "He who has ears, let him hear."
- low recording level due to an oversight by the sound crew, -sorry about that
26 August 2018, "Winning the Daily Battles in a Spiritual War". Mr. Moore uses scriptures from Romans chapters 7 and 8, and II Corinthians 10: 3 - 5 (MEV)
"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ"
- Pastor Moore goes to a Psalm of David while under affliction for his "Rescue Me" topic. Psalm 34 and also looking at Matthew 15: 18 - 20.
"But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man." (NKJV)
- 29 July 2018, "Under Construction" the Pillars of a Healthy Congregation: three- FAITH. With various scriptures including several from the Book of James where we learn:
"But someone will say, 'You have faith; I have deeds.'
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe thatóand shudder."
- 22 July 2018, "Under Construction" Four Pillars of a Healthy Congregation: two- FAMILY. With scripture from Matthew 7.
- 15 July, 2018 Pastor Moore begins a series called "Under Construction" Four Pillars of a Healthy Congregation: one- UNITY. Beginning with Unity with Christ from Galatians 3 and John 17: (NKJV) .... "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me."
- Pastor Mike Moore arrives and speaks about "Certainty in Uncertain Times" with his text from Psalms 37: 5 (NKJV)
"Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass."
the church Vision Statement is on the Resources and Links page
- "Stay at your post!" is Mr. Follis's last message as our interim minister from I Corinthians 15:54-58 (NLT)
"Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled:
'Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?'
For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ. So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless."
- Mr. Follis uses texts from The Book Of Ecclesiastes for his "Thoughts on the coming of the new minister". Including Chapter Twelve, verses 13 and 14 (NLT):
"That's the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyoneís duty. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad."
- Pastor Follis has this message for Father's Day: "Follow the Fruit!" Galatians 5:22-25 (NLT)
"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spiritís leading in every part of our lives."
- Our Youth Minister, Dusty Long, speaks about "The Good Shepherd" from Psalm 23, and John 10: 11 (NIV) "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep..."
- Mr. Moore returns with the message "Encouragement, Something We All Need." Focusing on Romans 1: 12 and Colossians 4: 7 and 8 (NKJV)...
"Tychicus, a beloved brother, faithful minister, and fellow servant in the Lord, will tell you all the news about me. I am sending him to you for this very purpose, that he may know your circumstances and comfort your hearts."
- Mr. Follis's message "Above Everything, Get Wisdom" is based on Proverbs chapters 4 and 6, and Galatians 5.
- Mr. Mike Moore drives in from Wichita to ask: "What is GOD preparing us for / for us?" using Ephesians 2: 1 - 10, focusing on the last verse....
"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (NKJV)
- On Mother's Day 2018, Pastor Follis calls his message "A tale of two mothers" going back to Exodus 2, and, of course, Proverbs 31, beginning at verse 10...
"Who can find a virtuous and capable wife?
She is more precious than rubies.
Her husband can trust her,
and she will greatly enrich his life.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life...."
- "Jesus, teach us to pray" from Luke 11. Part Two.
- "Jesus, teach us to pray" from Luke 11. Part One.
- 22 April 2018, Mr. Follis uses Psalm 51 for his message: "A broken and contrite heart God will not despise."
- 15 April 2018, "You are beautiful in Godís view!" Mr. Follis reads the entire Psalm.....
Psalm 139, New Living Translation, presented on BibleGateway.com.
- 1 April 2018, "On Easter, Jesus calls you by name" Mr. Follis spoke from from Mark 16: 1 - 8, and, Romans 6 including verse 9
"We are sure of this because Christ was raised from the dead, and he will never die again. Death no longer has any power over him." (NLT)
- 11 March 2018 "The body of Christ needs you: Why you can't be anything you want to be!" I Corinthians 12 : 1 -
13 "... Some of us are Jews, some are Gentiles,[e] some are slaves, and some are free. But we have all been baptized into one body by one Spirit, and we all share the same Spirit." (NLT)
- 4 March 2018, Pastor Follis's message is: "We hear God best when we truly listen to others" from Acts 15 which includes....
"...So the apostles and elders met together to resolve this issue. At the meeting, after a long discussion, Peter stood and addressed them as follows..."
- 25 February 2018, Don Follis prays several times while "Praying the great prayers":
I. The prayer Jesus taught. Matthew 6:9-14; Luke 11:2-4
II. The prayer of Moses. Psalm 90:1-12
III. The prayer of Paul. Ephesians 3:14-21
IV. Always pray a blessing. Numbers 6:24-26 (NLT)...(which is our prayer for you)...
"May the Lord bless you and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace."
- 18 February 2018, Mr. Follis says: "If I need your help, God, I'll ask" from Luke 4 : 1 - 13
And, Ephesians 6, including
10 - 13 "A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of Godís armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on every piece of Godís armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil....."
- 11 February 2018, Mr. Follis brings us: "Get Your Thinking Straight" from Philipppians 4 : 1 - 8
And, Galatians 2 : 11 and following
"But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong....."
- 4 February 2018, Mr. Follis has an emotional message from Luke 7 : 36 - 50 (Jesus is anointed by a sinful woman) , and cites Ephesians 4 : 15
"Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ."
joined about a minute into it due to a minor technical glitch
- 28 January 2018, Don Follis tells us to "Be Wise In Every Relationship," using Luke 10 : 25 - 37, which ends with....
"Now which of these three would you say was a neighbor to the man who was attacked by bandits?" Jesus asked.
The man replied, "The one who showed him mercy."
Then Jesus said, "Yes, now go and do the same." (NLT)
- 21 January 2018, Don Follis's "We all need to be found." Luke 15 : 11 - 32. Our choices and views.
- 14 January 2018, Don Follis returns to speak on "New LIGHT for the New Year...." Based on Matthew 2: 1 - 12, Acts 22: 1 - 19
and 1 John 1: 5 - 7
"This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin."
- 7 January 2018, Don Follis has "Hope for the New Year... Rejoice... Don't Worry... Think Godly Thought." Based on Philippians 4: 1 - 9
"Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends! I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord. Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life. Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable ó if anything is excellent or praiseworthy ó think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me ó put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."