To the home page: https://CentralParkChurchOfChrist.org
The Central Park
"Transformed People - Transform People"
Church of Christ
2018 Morning Messages
other audio files in MP3 format
Newest messages at top of list:
More to come!
The Central Message, presented by Teresa Levite.
(as broadcast on WITY radio, 980 AM and 99.5 FM Sunday mornings at 0900 Central Time)
PDF version of the February Prayer Challenge to read online or download and print. Even though it isn't February, it is still OK to continue the challenge!
- 11 March 2018 Acts 27 and 28 and the 'sweet hour of prayer'.
- 4 March 2018 Acts 25 and 26 and "do what you're told instead of what is safe and easy".
- There was no new message on 25 February due to Ms Teresa being out of town.
- 18 February 2018 Acts 24 with more on the Prayer Challenge.
- 11 February 2018 Acts 22 and 23 "...horses for Paul...", and an update on the prayer challenge.
- 4 February 2018 Acts 21 Paul goes to Jerusalem, and a prayer challenge.
- 28 January 2018 Acts 19 and 20 A Riot in Ephesus, and Paul raises a man from the dead. And other thoughts, plus a word about 'media' ministers.
- 14 January 2018 A reading of Acts 17 and 18 with a goal driven bonus topic.
- The Message on the First Sunday 0f 2018 covers through Acts 15 and into 16.
The Study of the Book of Acts begins in September 2017 on the 2017 audio file page.
- also- The Central Minute
PDF version of the February Prayer Challenge to read or download.
week of 11 March 2018 2 Corinthians 1: 3- 4
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God."
week of 4 March 2018 Psalm 73.
week of 18 February 2018 1 John 4.
week of 11 February 2018 Matthew 5 : 43 and following-
"'You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you...'"
week of 4 February 2018 Deuteronomy 6
week of 14 January 2018 Psalm 118
week of 7 January 2018 Micah 6
SERMONS FROM THE SUNDAY MORNING SERVICE:
- 11 March 2018 "The body of Christ needs you: Why you can't be anything you want to be!" I Corinthians 12 : 1 -
13 "... Some of us are Jews, some are Gentiles,[e] some are slaves, and some are free. But we have all been baptized into one body by one Spirit, and we all share the same Spirit." (NLT)
- 4 March 2018, Pastor Follis's message is: "We hear God best when we truly listen to others" from Acts 15 which includes....
"...So the apostles and elders met together to resolve this issue. At the meeting, after a long discussion, Peter stood and addressed them as follows..."
- 25 February 2018, Don Follis prays several times while "Praying the great prayers":
I. The prayer Jesus taught. Matthew 6:9-14; Luke 11:2-4
II. The prayer of Moses. Psalm 90:1-12
III. The prayer of Paul. Ephesians 3:14-21
IV. Always pray a blessing. Numbers 6:24-26 (NLT)...(which is our prayer for you)...
"May the Lord bless you and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace."
- 18 February 2018, Mr. Follis says: "If I need your help, God, I'll ask" from Luke 4 : 1 - 13
And, Ephesians 6, including
10 - 13 "A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of Godís armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on every piece of Godís armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil....."
- 11 February 2018, Mr. Follis brings us: "Get Your Thinking Straight" from Philipppians 4 : 1 - 8
And, Galatians 2 : 11 and following
"But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong....."
- 4 February 2018, Mr. Follis has an emotional message from Luke 7 : 36 - 50 (Jesus is anointed by a sinful woman) , and cites Ephesians 4 : 15
"Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ."
joined about a minute into it due to a minor technical glitch
- 28 January 2018, Don Follis tells us to "Be Wise In Every Relationship," using Luke 10 : 25 - 37, which ends with....
"Now which of these three would you say was a neighbor to the man who was attacked by bandits?" Jesus asked.
The man replied, "The one who showed him mercy."
Then Jesus said, "Yes, now go and do the same." (NLT)
- 21 January 2018, Don Follis's "We all need to be found." Luke 15 : 11 - 32. Our choices and views.
- 14 January 2018, Don Follis returns to speak on "New LIGHT for the New Year...." Based on Matthew 2: 1 - 12, Acts 22: 1 - 19
and 1 John 1: 5 - 7
"This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin."
- 7 January 2018, Don Follis has "Hope for the New Year... Rejoice... Don't Worry... Think Godly Thought." Based on Philippians 4: 1 - 9
"Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends! I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord. Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life. Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable ó if anything is excellent or praiseworthy ó think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me ó put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."
Also See Our Archive from 2017 audio files
Recordings From 2016 and 2015.
To our home page: https://CentralParkChurchOfChrist.org