To the home page: https://CentralParkChurchOfChrist.org
the Audio Files for most of 2018
The Central Park
"Transformed People - Transform People"
Church of Christ
Morning Messages -and- other audio files
in MP3 format for streaming or downloading.
Newest messages at top of list:
The Central Message is now the Sunday Morning Sermon. Please see below.
More to come!
(as broadcast on WITY radio, 980 AM and 99.5 FM Sunday mornings at 0905 Central Time)
due to the radio broadcast schedule, these messages average two weeks behind the live performance. Thank you for your understanding.
SERMONS FROM THE SUNDAY MORNING SERVICE: with the "Message" from Brother Mike Moore as broadcast on WITY.
- 14 July 2019 "The King is Coming", The Story goes from Malachi to Matthew.
- 30 june 2019 "From Captivity to Freedom." Chapter 21 in the Story covers Ezra and Nehemiah.
- the Story God's Warning Signs 2 June 2019
"Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?'" - Ezekiel 33:11 (NIV)
- "A Tale of Two Peoples" 26 May 2019
includes King Hezekiahís Prayer in 2 Kings 19: "Give ear, Lord, and hear; open your eyes, Lord, and see; listen to the words Sennacherib has sent to ridicule the living God.... Now, Lord our God, deliver us from his hand, so that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that you alone, Lord, are God."
Then Isaiah son of Amoz sent a message to Hezekiah: "This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: 'I have heard your prayer '..."
- 19 May 2019 "A house divided against itself cannot stand", Jesus in Mark 3, Abraham Lincoln in 1858, and First Kings 11 - 14 in the Story
- 12 May 2019 The Wisdom of Solomon, as we continue with the Story
"Wisdom is the ability to see life from God's perspective." -various attributions.
- "David" and giants, 5 May 2019 Psalm 27 begins....
"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?..." (KJV)
- 28 April 2019 Easter Sunday Message
"I am the Resurrection", from John 11.
- 21 April 2019 the Story: "King Saul" Royal Disobedience, Failed Leadership Texts from I Samuel and I Chronicles
- 14 April 2019 the Story: Ruth
"But Ruth replied, 'Donít urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.'" Ruth 1 : 16 (NIV)
- 7 April 2019 the Story: "The Book Of Judges"
"So the people served the Lord all the days of Joshua, and all the days of the elders who outlived Joshua, who had seen all the great works of the Lord which He had done for Israel." Judges 2 : 7 (NKJV)
- 31 March 2019 "Are you Courageous?" The book, and person, of Joshua.
- "The Unknown Wilderness", 24 March 2019 covers Chapter 6 in The Story and finishes the Books of Moses.
- "GOD's Guidance", 17 March 2019 The Story is from Exodus 20 - 40
"I will dwell among the people of Israel and will be their God. And they shall know that I am the Lord their God, who brought them out of the land of Egypt that I might dwell among them. I am the Lord their God." Ex 29: 45 - 46 (ESV)
- 10 March 2019's edition of The Story was called "Deliverance." covering Exodus 1 - 17
and especially 12 : 27 "...that you shall say, 'It is the Passover sacrifice of the Lord, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt when He struck the Egyptians and delivered our households.' So the people bowed their heads and worshiped."
Which comes back into The Story with Christ in Luke 22: "When the hour had come, He sat down, and the twelve apostles with Him. Then He said to them, 'With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer; for I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.'" (NKJV)
- 3 March 2019. The Story: Joseph, from the pit to the palace. Genesis 37 - 50. Especially 50: 20 "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." (NIV)
- 17 February 2019. The Story continues. GOD builds a Nation: Abraham focusing on Genesis 17 with the idea that:
"Behind every Promise of GOD, is the Power of GOD."
- 10 February 2019. The Story begins. Genesis chapters 1 - 11 "In the beginning GOD...."
Due to the quite seasonable weather, the Messages and Minutes broadcast on 13 and 20 January were 'reruns'.
The Story will begin on 10 February! As will new Minutes.
- 13 January 2019. CPCC: "The State of the Church". How are we doing, where are we going? when you consider the Great Commission from the Gospel of Matthew:
"And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, 'All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.'"
- 6 January 2019. Jesus states that he is: "The Light of the World". Which includes some of the opening verses of the Gospel of John:
"In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world." (NKJV)
- 30 December, 2018 "I Am The Good Shepherd" in John 10, is the next 'I AM' statement from Jesus.
- 23 December, 2018 Jesus's second "I AM" statement from John 14 : 5 "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'"
- 16 December, 2018 Jesus's "I AM" statements from the Gospel of John. The first being from John 6: 35
"And Jesus said to them, 'I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.'" (NKJV)
- 9 December, 2018 "Virtues and Vices" looking at First Kings focusing on King Solomon.
- 2 December, 2018 "Virtues and Vices" pride and humility looking at 2 Chronicles chapter 26.
- 25 November, 2018 "FREEDOM in Christ"
from Galatians 5: 1 (NKJV)
"Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage."
- 18 November, 2018 "you MATTER to GOD"
and are NEVER alone, based on Psalm 121
- 4 November, 2018 "You Matter to GOD" and our relationship with Him through Prayer, looking at the last few verses of Psalm 66
"I prayed to the Lord, and I praised him. If my thoughts had been sinful, he would have refused to hear me. But God did listen and answered my prayer. Letís praise God! He listened when I prayed, and he is always kind." (CEV)
- 28 October, 2018 "Conformed or Transformed?" from Romans 12: 1 and 2
"Dear friends, God is good. So I beg you to offer your bodies to him as a living sacrifice, pure and pleasing. Thatís the most sensible way to serve God. Donít be like the people of this world, but let God change the way you think. Then you will know how to do everything that is good and pleasing to him." (CEV)
- 21 October, 2018 The Restoration Movement and "Traditions: Bridges or Barricades?" using verses from Colossians 2, including verse eight:
"See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ." (ESV)
- 14 October, 2018 "I am Rooted and Grounded"
Ephesians 3: 17 - 19
- 7 October, 2018 "I am Connected"
Looks at John 15: 1 - 8, especially at verse five:
"I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing." (ESV)
- 23 September, 2018 "Am I _____ Grace?"
Matt 18: 21 - 35
- 16 September, 2018 "Am I Extending Grace?"
Luke 15: 25 - 32
- 9 September, 2018 "Am I Experiencing Grace?" The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant, Matthew 18: 21 - 35, beginning with:
"Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, 'Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?'
Jesus answered, 'I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times'...."
- 2 September, 2018 "Am I Good Dirt?" The Parable of the Sower, From Matthew 6, ending with verse 9: "He who has ears, let him hear."
- also- The Central Minute with Teresa Levite.
Week of 26 May 2019 "Build Up Your Neighbor."
Week of 12 May 2019 the upcoming Youth Rummage Sale.
Week of 24 March 2019 April Events
Psalm 66 "Shout for joy to God"
Week of 10 March 2019 Psalm 140
Week of 10 February 2019: March Events
Isaiah 43: 19 God is doing a new thing.
week of 23 December 2018 the announcement of the Messiah to his Earthly father in Matthew 1 (NIV)
"But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, 'Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.'"
week of 16 December 2018 from Psalm 28.
week of 16 December 2018 comes from First John 4.
week of 9 December 2018has a minute in John 12.
week of 18 November 2018 A Minute of Thanksgiving.
week of 28 October 2018 Another way we are to show God's Grace to our neighbors.
week of 7 October 2018 John 21 "feed my sheep" and Matthew 22 "love your neighbor...".
week of 30 September 2018 From the Gospel of John, Chapter 1
week of 23 September 2018 Phillipians 1: 1 - 2
the Audio Page for most of 2018
Also See Our Archive from 2017 audio files
Recordings From 2016 and 2015.
To our home page: https://CentralParkChurchOfChrist.org