To the home page: https://CentralParkChurchOfChrist.org
The Central Park
"Transformed People - Transform People"
Church of Christ
2017's Morning Messages
other audio files in MP3 format
More to come!
The Central Message, presented by Teresa Levite.
(as broadcast on WITY radio, 980 AM and 99.5 FM Sunday mornings at 0900 Central Time)
The Study of ACTS continues...
- 31 December: the Last Central Message of 2017 takes us through Acts 14 and the first verse of 15.
- 24 December: On Christmas Eve we are in Acts 13.
- 17 December: we are in chapters 11 and 12 of Acts.
- 10 December: Acts 10, Peter's mission to preach to the Roman Officer.
- 3 December: Saul is on the road to Damascus in Acts 9.
- 26 November: Our series continues with Acts 8.
- 19 November: Stephen's speech and stoning, from Acts 7.
- 12 November: Covers chapter six of Acts.
- 5 November: the rest of Acts 5.
- 29 October: finishes Acts 4 and moves into chapter 5!
- 22 October: Acts 4 and principles.
- 15 October: We continue our look at Acts with Chapter 3
- 8 October: "Peter's message -and- 3000 Souls Were Added To Their Number That Day", Scriptures from the second half of Acts 2
- 1 October: "Pentecost and The Holy Spirit", Scriptures from Acts 2
- 24 September: "Covenant Renewal", Scriptures from Malachi 4, ... and Acts 1
- 17 September: "the Day of Judgement", Scriptures from Malachi 3
- 10 September: "the Lord's message to His people", Scriptures from Malachi 2
- 3 September: "the messenger", Scriptures from Malachi 1
- 27 August: ".... whatever...", Scriptures from Philippians 4
- 20 August: "Love Your Neighbor", Scriptures from Matthew 22: 36 - 40
- 13 August: "The Games People Play", playing 'tag', and 'hide and seek'. Scriptures from Matthew 6
- 6 August: "The Local Church and the Universal Church", Our text is from the Book of James.
- 30 July: "God is more powerful than your walls."
- 23 July: "we are not Created for a purpose... we are Created For GOD'S Purpose."
- 16 July: "Healing Prayers... in circles" Scripture to read: Psalm 103
- also- The Central Minute
Minute One from 31 December 2017 Covers Jeremiah 29: 11
Minute Two from 31 December 2017 Is on Matthew 11: 28-30
week of 24 December Hebrews 12
week of 17 December the "beautiful feet" of Isaiah 52:7.
week of 3 December The Fruit of the Spirit from Galatians.
A minute about the 9 December Give-Away
week of 19 November Psalm 100.
week of 12 November Joshua 24: 15.
week of 5 November James 1.
week of 5 November Matthew 15.
week of 22 October Matthew 6.
Minute 1, week of 8 October Leviticus 26: 1
Minute 2, week of 8 October 1 Corinthians 2: 14
week of 1 October Patriot Quartet concert on 8 Oct.
Minute 1, week of 24 September Luke 12
Minute 2, week of 24 September Mark 12
Minute 1, week of 17 September Psalm 15
Minute 2, week of 17 September Psalm 19
week of 10 September Psalm 13
week of 3 September Psalm 100
week of 27 August Psalm 116
week of 20 August Psalm 1: 1 - 3
week of 7 August
week of 30 July references 1 Thessalonians 5: 14 - 18.
week of 23 July
SERMONS FROM THE SUNDAY MORNING SERVICE:
There were no regular Sunday Sermons during the "Christmas Season".
- 3 December, 2017 Central Park's Chrismon Service for 2017.
... joined in progress but... recorded in its entirety for those who could not attend. The service includes congregational singing of traditional Christmas hymns and Biblical readings.
Please accept it in the spirit of the season. Thank you.
(images of many of the Chrismons discussed are available at: ezartsncrafts.com/christiansymbols.html)
- 26 November, brings Bud McMasters back to his old pulpit where he speaks on "These Things Are Certain", beginning with Hebrews 9, and continuing through 1 Thessalonians 4: 13 - 18, focusing on 16 - 17
"... For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever."
- 19 November, Mr Jeremy Wittwer's topic was: "K-I-S-S-ing Scripture" (Keep It Simple, Servants), focusing on Acts 17.
(note: there was an occassional issue with the microphone cord, sorry)
- no Sunday Morning message on 12 November due to special Veteran's Day service
- 5 November, Mr Jeff Vanee looks at a couple of popular 'superheroes' in light of verses from Acts, 2 Timothy, and elsewhere in the New Testament
- 29 October, Mr. Paul Zebert returns with a message from 2 Timothy 2: "Have you met Jesus?" including verses from Acts 9 and Galatians 1 : 11 and 12:
... "I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ."
- Richard Cook delivers a message from Ephesians for 22 October. Low Recording Level.
Chapter 1: 15 - 23, especially 18 and 19
... "I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength"
- The speaker for the First of October was Mr. Jeff Vanee, his messages (yes two in one!) were from Philipians 2: 1 - 4 and 2 Timothy 4: 1 and 2:
... "In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction."
- 24 Sept, Josiah Nichols was today's Special Guest Speaker with a message from 2 Corinthians 1, focusing on verses 3 and 4
.... "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God."
- The Special Guest Speaker for September 10 was Mr. Paul Zebert his message comes from Philipians 2 : 5 "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus..."(KJV)
- 3 Sept, 2017, Special Guest Speaker: Mr. Curtis Lewsader brings us a message about "Walking In Leadership" on 3 September, with verses from Luke 12: 48, John 13: 12 - 15 and
Matthew 20: 25 - 28 "... You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave- just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
- Special Presentation, 27 August 2017,
The Gideons International
by Mr. Harold Bott, a member of the outreach organization for 37 years.
- 20 August 2017, Pastor Wade Martin brings us "Being Overwhelmed"
from 1 John 5: 1 - 15, especially verse Five:
... "Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God."
- Special Guest Speaker: Michael Courtwright - 13 August 2017, "And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ." from 1 John 1: 1 - 4 and the Gospel of John 1.
- Special Guest Speaker: J.W. Martin - 6 August 2017, "Why Did Jacob Wrestle With GOD"
Genesis 32: 22 and following (low recording level for first two minutes)
- Independence Day 2017, "Freedom in Christ"
Luke 4 : 17 - 31, Romans 7 : 24 - 8 : 17 (low recording level)
a question begins the section: "What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?"
It is answered in the rest of the Romans passage.
- Father's Day 2017, "The Loving Father"
Luke 15: 11 - 32, and Proverbs 14 12
"There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death."
James 4: 7 - 10
"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up."
- Mother's Day 2017, "The Mom Ministry"
Titus 2: 1 - 5, and II Timothy 1: 5
... "I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also."
A series of sermons on the Book of Acts From Our Preaching Minister, Michael Luke::
We might do good things through our own planning and execution, but we can only do Great Things through the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Empowered Concludes With- 25 June 2017, "Fulfill the Mission!", Scripture: Acts 8: 26 - 40 and Isaiah 6 : 8
... "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?' And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!' (9)He said, 'Go and tell this people....'"
- Empowered - 11 June 2017, "You and your money are on the way to Hell", Scripture: Acts 8: 4 - 25.
... the passage ends with "After they had further proclaimed the word of the Lord and testified about Jesus, Peter and John returned to Jerusalem, preaching the gospel in many Samaritan villages."
- Empowered - 4 June 2017, "A Matter of Life and Death", Scripture: Acts 6: 8 - 8: 8.
... Opens with a quote from the journal of Missionary Jim Elliot (1927 - 1956) whose story was told in the book and movie Through Gates of Splendor, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
- Empowered - 21 May 2017, "Moving Forward", 'Jesus calls us to obedience, conflict within His Church isn't it'. Scriptures include: Acts 6: 1 - 7, and Phillippians 2: 5 - 8
... "In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death- even death on a cross!"
- Empowered - 7 May 2017, "Opposition and Response". Scriptures include: Acts 5: 12 - 42, 2 Timothy 3: 12 - 13
... "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived."
and Revelation 2: 10
..."Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown."
- The Prime Directive, 30 April 2017
Matthew 28: 18 - 20, with Romans 6: 4, and Isaiah 6: 8
... "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?'
And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!'"
- Easter Sunday Sermon: 16 April 2017, "Resurrection Remembrance"
Luke 24, Romans 5: 8, and II Timothy 2: 8
... "Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel."
- Empowered Continues - 2 April, 2017, "The Heart of the Matter". Scripture, Acts 4: 32 - 5:11, and Proverbs 4: 23
..."Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it."
- Empowered - 19 March, 2017, "When God Sees You Through". Scripture, Acts 4: 23 - 31, Romans 8: 28 - 30, and Hebrews 10: 23 - 25
..."Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching."
- Empowered - 12 March, 2017, "Just When You Thought Nothing Could Go Wrong.". Scripture, Acts 4: 1 - 22 and Ephesians 5: 15 + 16
..."Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."
- Empowered - 5 March, 2017, "Taking the Right Turn". Scripture, Acts 3: 11 - 26 and II Peter 3: 9
..."The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."
- Empowered - 26 February, 2017, "Healing for your Handicaps". Scripture, Acts 3: 1 - 10 especially
Verse 6 ..."Then Peter said,'Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk'"
- Empowered - 19 February, 2017, "Habits of the Spirit-filled Life". Scripture, Acts 2: 42 - 47 and
Galatians 6: 10 ..."Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."
- Empowered - 12 February, 2017, "A Beginner's Guide To Sharing Jesus". Scripture, Acts 2: 14 - 41 and
2 Timothy 1: 7 "... For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline."
- Empowered - 5 February, 2017, "When The Spirit Moves". Scripture, Acts 2: 1 - 13 with
Ephesians 3: 20 "... Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us"
Matthew 19: 26 "... Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'"
- 26 March 2017, a teaching sermon from our Pastoral Minister Wade Martin, from John chapter 11, including 36 and 37
... "Then the Jews said, "See how he loved him!" But some of them said, "Could not he who opened the eyes of the blind man have kept this man from dying?"
- Special Fifth Sunday Message
"GOD LOVES YOU!"
29 January, 2017 Scripture: 1 John 4: 7 - 11,
especially verse eight- "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."
The "Empowered" series on Acts continues:
- Empowered - 22 January, 2017, "In The Meantime...". Scripture, Acts 1: 12 - 26 and
Ephesians 5: 15 - 17 "Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is."
- Empowered - 15 January, 2017, "It's All About GOD".
Scripture, Acts 1: 1 -ending with 11 "...'Men of Galilee,' they said, 'why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.'"
- 8 January, 2017, "A Breath of Fresh Air", 'When all looks lost, God can instill new Hope, new Life, and new Joy'.
Key Passage- Ezekiel 37: 1 - 14 and Proverbs 17: 22, "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."
Also See Our Archive of Recordings From 2016, and older.
To our home page: https://CentralParkChurchOfChrist.org